Accommodation and experiences in Puumala, Lake Saimaa
Welcome to Nestorinranta
- Accommodation in rooms and villa, in the summer also in outbuildings and cabins
- Beds 26+8 (in winter 11 + 2)
- Breakfast 01.05.-30.09., other time only for groups by order
- Café Nestori open in summer
- Meal services for groups by order
- Summer kitchen, campfire places, canoes, bikes, piers for swimming, and beautiful scenery
- Snow shoes, paths, guided tours, fishing
Boat and bike rentals, fishing and fun trips, hiking
Fishing permits and equipment, snacks for the trips, and guides can all be arranged.
- Read more about fishing and boating >>
- Read more about biking and transports of cyclists across the lake >>
- Read more about hiking in the forest here (coming soon)
Nestorinranta – the place immortalised in song
An old song loved by the Finns is based on a true story that took place on the Nestorinranta grounds in the 1960s.
A man called Nestori Reponen lived in the village and had his sauna where Nestori’s Cabin currently stands.
Nestori used to play his accordion while heating the sauna, and once it so happened that a ringed seal climbed onto a rock nearby to listen.
The Saimaa ringed seal was on the verge of extinction in the 1970s. However, thanks to extensive conservation measures, over 300 ringed seals now live in Lake Saimaa – with luck, you can see one yourself in the waters near Nestorinranta.
- Villa Hauki 04.11.-21.12.2018 only € 240-300 /2 days, € 700-750 / 1 week
- Nestori’s cabin 20.10.-05.11.2018 € 150 / 2 days, 470 / 1 week
- Book now!
- A popular bike ferry transports cyclists and motorcyclists between Lintusalo and Hurissalo, See more about the Puumala Archipelago Route
- Bike, Cruise and Sauna
- Cottage + fishing
- Wellness paths
- Nature and bike trips
- Area for tents
- Midsummer brunch 23.06. 11-14, Cafe Nestori
- 14.7. Archipelago day
See the Saimaa archipelago
Nestorinranta is located between Lietvesi and Suur-Saimaa. The nearby area contains numerous breath-taking islands to which we organise trips. A tragic love story is related to Liittokivi Island featured in the photo – ask your hostess for the whole story!
The road leading to Nestorinranta is a sight in and of itself: The Puumala archipelago road runs through 11 islands, the largest of which are Niinisaari, Liimattala and Lintusalo.
See all the things you can do and experience in the archipelago: www.veskansankylat.fi.